Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day Three

Well, we finally succumbed to I-95--and really, once you get out of the Mid-Atlantic region, it's okay.

We decided to have a nice meal tonight (which included a much needed glass of sangria for me!), a little early--and will have an easy day tomorrow. Which is good, because the less road that looms between me and home, the more I fret about all the work that I still need to do. The list just keeps getting longer and longer.

But I've warned Dad that I may kick him out of the hotel room tomorrow morning so that I can get some work done. The hotel has a nice little breakfast area, that I think has a tv (at least the last one did, and we're staying in the same "family" of hotels)--he seems amenable to that.

The drive itself wasn't too horrible today--actually felt better than yesterday, even though I didn't get much more sleep. Part of it is that my brain and body aren't getting worn out at the same time--and the hum of the road is staying with me. My eyes are fried, but my mind is spinning, and my body is stiff and cranky from lack of use.

We'll see how tonight treats me, and go from there.

For now, I have to say, the trip has been--quieter--than I anticipated. Dad is pretty content to doze or watch the countryside.....no great stories yet. I suspect more will flow after we get to Florida, and spend some time with the family...

No comments: