Saturday, July 5, 2008

Philadelphia


So it's the fifth of July...and I'm relaxing in the ancestral manse of dear friends in Philadelphia. It's really quite nice to not be in my car. I may in fact get into someone else's vehicle today, but not my own. I think my car is equally happy.

Yesterday's drive was long...like the first day, about 666 miles. (Yes, that kind of freaks me out too). However, yesterday was easier driving. Of course, it also featured my only "almost eating hot death" moment. And go figure, it was in the five minutes I was in West Virginia. A semi playing chicken with another semi, decided to change into my lane...and unfortunately, I was abreast his rear wheels. And, of course, it was on an incline, in the mountains, going around the curve. Good thing I have skills.

But the rest of the drive went without incident, and I arrived in Philadelphia to a Fourth of July party in full swing, and managed to snag the last glass of Mad Monkey Pirate Punch (3 lemons, 3 limes, a cup of sugar, ice, half a bottle of sake....and pure pure magic). All this means that I was smart to plan a day of rest here...

So at some point this afternoon I need to chart the best way to get from here to Maine...I really prefer to avoid 95 as much as possible...

1 comment:

Hillary said...

SJW told me you started a new blog, yay for OldPuebloPonderings!

Can't wait to see you soon!
hill