Saturday, August 23, 2008

good for the soul, good for the soles.


I just went for an hour long walk in and around my 'hood...it was indeed good for my soul. Walking some of the stress out. Having some solitude. Composing some of the various emails that must must must be sent this weekend.

So I'm sitting here cooling down (yes, at 7 am this morning it was already 78 degrees--welcome to my world) and figuring out what I can get off my plate today before I have a little outing adventure tonight. My dear friend (the person who really runs the School of Theatre Arts here!) has invited me to come up to her house and finish my syllabus poolside, and I think I might just take her up on that. I think the pieces of the class are beginning to come together--I've just been struggling with exactly what my pedagogical goals are for the class. I have some pretty concrete practical goals, which I'm excited about--but laying down the theoretical framework has been complicated by the fact that the materials out there on the topic are not...well, to be honest...useful...for those that are DOING the work in a real-time, real-life way.

On the up-side, if I attend to the work of the semester appropriately, I'll have at the very least an interesting pedagogical article out of it. At most: I could have the beginnings of a book outline.

Hmm. The thought of that both excites me and exhausts me. So I think I'll read yesterday's mail and throw myself in the shower.

No comments: