Thursday, May 22, 2008

road trip!

I just started plotting a course across the country. As usual, it looks like the first night out is the only hotel night.

I need someone to get a job in Albuquerque, mm'kay? That'd be super.

Beyond that, tentative plans to hit Springfield, Louisville, Phili, then home in Maine. Had hoped to get up to Chicago on this journey, but it doesn't seem like that will happen, as my brother's family will also be in Maine at the beginning of July.

It does change my plan of a nice leisurely road trip that direction...but hey, plans change. And it very well be that my journey back to Tucson in August is a perimeter trip around the US: I'm thinking about taking my dad on a road trip down the East Coast, visiting my step-mother's sibs along the way to see my grandfather in Florida. His birthday is at the beginning of August, so I thought that might be nice. Then I could put my dad on a plane home (get him used to flying solo again), and hit I-10. I've heard that it's not as bad to do I-10 through TX. I hope not; my last journey, which took me through West Texas, left a bad taste in my mouth. Literally. I felt like I had sucked on an oil rag. Ew.

Anyway....that's the news from here. Time to start the rest of my day.

1 comment:

labcabbie said...

Well, having seen the REST of I-10 on tour (so I saw it A LOT), I can tell you it isn't much better than West Texas. Seriously. UGH. And in Florida you'll probably taste misquito spray. So I say revisit Springfield when I'll BE HERE!!! :)