Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tea Time



While I did accomplish a thing or two thus far today, I still have quite a bit on the list of things that still need doing.

However, I decided to abandon the office at around four this afternoon, swing by the library to pick up a book that I'm contemplating using for one of my classes, and then came home and made myself some tea.

Honest to goodness, old-school tea. Loose leaves and bits, in my new teapot that has a slick little silver warmer-cover. And I'm drinking it from a Haviland demitasse, no less.

I'd feel a lot more elegant if I weren't in my sweats.

This time of year, I really like to drink hot beverages throughout the day--and frankly, the coffee is beginning to get to me. So...tea. Granted, my favorite at the moment is still a black tea, but it's a mandarin black tea, with these great little curls of mandarin peel in it.

I'm still learning the trick of steeping the tea for just the right amount of time--too long, and it gets bitter.

But there's something lovely about the ritual of tea to me right now, so I'll embrace the process of learning.

No comments: